Jul 27, 2012

regrets


“If you knew you had a week or two to live, what would you do?”
She started to speak, stopped, and Gage understood she’d smothered her instinctive response—for his sake. Instead, she smiled. “How am I feeling?”
“Good.”
“In that case, I’d do exactly as I pleased, particularly if it was something I’d normally deny myself or hesitate over. I’d grab everything I wanted, needed. I’d make sure the people who annoyed me knew just what I thought. And more important, that everyone I loved knew how much they meant to me.”

The Pagan Stone


________________


Common regrets of the dying


Lil chalcedonicum 01EB Griechenland Hrisomiglia 17 07 01




At the end of our days, each and every one of us will be forced to stop and face up to the life we have lived. In this moment of reflection, many will ask, "Is there anything I would do differently?"

This question is the subject of The Top Five Regrets of Dying by Australian palliative care nurse and singer, Bronnie Ware.



It shares Ware's experience of being with people as they prepared to die. "People grow a lot when they are faced with their own mortality,"




_____________________


“No confessing your sins, making amends?”
“If I haven’t confessed and amended by that point, screw it. It’s all about me now.”

The Pagan Stone