Sep 20, 2019

"She’d come for the adventure, for the thrill. For the freedom."




“Yes, exactly. I bided my time. When I was eighteen, I left. 
There was insurance money that came to me then, and a small trust 
fund from the sale of our house in Saint Louis. I planned to go to college.
 I had no idea what I wanted to do or be, so I decided to take a year off first and 
do something my parents had always talked of doing. To tour Europe.”
“Alone?”
“Yes, alone.” She sipped her wine now, leaning back on the counter. 
Had she ever told anyone even this much before? 
Since the night everything changed for her? No, no one. What would have been the point?
“I was thrilled to be alone, to have no schedule, no one telling me what to do. 
It was both an adventure and a pilgrimage for me. 
I backpacked through Italy.”


Wolf Moon



________________________




By StockSnap - 
https://pixabay.com/en/people-woman-travel-adventure-trek-2591874/ 
archive copy at the
 Wayback Machine (archived on 19 January 2019), CC0,
 https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=72553316




This Unexpected Travel Trend Is Especially Popular Among Women Right Now



Solo trips are one of 2019’s biggest travel trends, 
and women are definitely leading the charge.