Sep 18, 2019

“Does This Make Me Look Fat?”





"Well. Wow."
"Andrew, you're such a poet. Do I look fat in this?"
"There's never a correct answer to that question. Or if there is, 
no man has ever found it. Therefore..." He raised his glass in toast. 
"I abstain."
"Coward."


Homeport




______________




By Billie Grace Ward from New York, USA - Woman in a Red Dress, CC BY 2.0,
 https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=74145300






“Does This Make Me Look Fat?” The Best Way to Respond



Picture this.  You are shopping with a girlfriend.  She comes out of the dressing room, turns to you and says, "Does this dress make me look fat?"


Your first impulse might be to immediately say, "No,"  You cringe and feel backed into a corner.  It's a no-win situation.  Before you answer, think about this advice.  Consider what she is really asking.  Don't take this question literally.








______________



“I don’t go shopping, tagging along
to haul bags or getting asked if some dress makes your ass look fat.”
“Take my word as gospel on this point. You’re the last person I’d want 
as a shopping
buddy. And my ass isn’t going to look fat in any dress. 
Write that down, etch it in your
memory.”
“I got it.”


The Perfect Hope