Jan 3, 2019

You should start a sit-spot routine





She gave him his moment while she scanned the woods. Birds called, a
musical lift accompanied by the rat-a-tat of a woodpecker hunting for lunch. The
sun through the filter of young leaves cast a dreamy light.
It would brighten as they walked, she knew, and the view would open to the
hills. She loved looking out from the high ground, studying the rise and fall of
the land. And here, in soft light and shadow, with the birdcall and the mutter of
the stream, the splashing dog—here, she thought, was more home than the
house.


The Witness






___________________________







Spending time in nature has proven health benefits, and this habit will help you reap those positive rewards



Half an hour ago, as I walked into my beautiful little oasis located just a five-minute walk from my house, I was carrying the weight of a overly long to-do list and drafting emails in my head. My stomach and shoulders were tensed and my brow was furrowed with full force, though I didn't really notice because my mind was elsewhere.

But as soon as I arrived at the creek bank, I forgot all about what I wasn't getting done and what was being asked of me in my day.










___________________________





She rode for the loch. It was an indulgence, right or wrong, that occasionally she allowed herself. 
Whenever time allowed, she went
there to sit on the bank and dream a little. And remember. 
It brought Brigham closer to her. As close, Serena knew, as he would ever
be. He was gone. Back to London, where he belonged.
Now spring was here in all its glory. Flowers waved in the gentle breeze, 
trees were ripe with green, green leaves. The sunlight dappled
through, making pretty patterns on the soft path. 
Young deer walked through the forest.
By the loch the ground was springy and warm, though the water 
would be frigid for weeks yet, and would carry a chill all through the
summer. Content from the ride, she lay on the grassy 
knoll to read a little, and dream. 
It was solitude she had wanted, and it was serenity she found.


Rebellion