Jan 4, 2019

Chicken Soup for the Soul





"Don't you get up, you poor thing. I brought you some of my chicken soup."
"Oh, Penny, that's so thoughtful!" Patty sprang up to take the flowers. "I never thought of food, 
or flowers. I never thought-"
"Of course you didn't. How could you, with so much on your mind? 
Cilla, I'm going to heat you up a bowl right now. 
My chicken soup's good for anything. Colds, flu, bumps, bruises, 
lovers' spats and rainy days."



Tribute




____________________







When you're sick, there are few things more nourishing than a warm, savory bowl of chicken soup. Though soup recipes vary, chicken broth is a remedy for cold and flu symptoms utilized around the world; its magic is recognized almost ubiquitously.









____________________






He lifted a thick white mug. 
“Cup-a-Soup. Can’t taste a damn thing, but my ma always
 says you  down chicken soup for a cold. I’m downing.”




Black Hills