Apr 14, 2016

Jump-Start Your Collection

"Actually, Naomi, I have a little business proposition for you."
"Business?" She gave him a blank look as their appetizer plates were removed and the entrees served.
"One I hope will be as much a pleasure for you as it will be for me. I want to remodel one of my spare rooms into a library. I have a design in mind that I wanted you to look at and offer suggestions on. Then I'd hoped you could give me some help with setting up my collection."
"Yes, of course." She fought off a wave of disappointment, telling herself it was better this way. Of course he was interested in her on a professional level. What else could she expect? "You're interested in rare books, for investment purposes?"
"No, not necessarily. I want a library, not a museum. I want a comfortable room, and I want the books varied. I don't want anyone to feel as if they should sign a waiver if they take a book off the shelf. I'd want to start with my personal favorites—most of which I own already. Then I'm willing to explore."

Ian
- MacGregors' Grooms -


__________________




© Jorge Royan / http://www.royan.com.ar, via Wikimedia Commons


Recommendations for a well-rounded bookshelf


Spring is a time for starting that project you’ve always wanted to do. What better reason to finally put up that shelf and start your book collection? While we don’t discriminate over how you read (your phone or eReader are perfectly acceptable!), let’s just say we’re partial to cracking a spine and turning the pages. Call us old-fashioned.
Those who have been out of the book-buying game for a while (or have never bought a physical book since high school) may be thinking that the bookstore is so extensive you don't know where to start. Fear not, reader. We’ve come up with 15 categories that will help you find your way in the world of endless books, as well as some personal recommendations to christen your bookshelf with renewed style.




__________________



"Oh, Ian, it's wonderful. It's more than wonderful." 
Eyes shining, she turned to look around the room, where the beautifully 
trimmed,  built-in shelves were lined with books. 
Old worn spines, new glossy ones, embossed leather and tattered covers.


Ian
(MacGregors' Grooms)