Jan 17, 2018

Stars










Stars exploded around it, as it someone had loaded a shotgun with diamonds and blasted away. Their light turned the icing of snow on the peaks an eerie blue, and dashed the crevices and gullies into deep, rich shadow.






Angels Fall 





___________




By Michael J. Bennett - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, 
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=26017472



Stars are difficult to study. We can see them, which makes them an easier subject than black holes





Those natural seismic also carry with them a frequency, and if we could directly hear this resonance, it'd sound like ringing bells. 
But how do we know? 
Well, we can see it, in the swirling surface and changing brightness of the star.












___________





But she laughed, shook back her hair to take a look up at the sky. "My God, it's so big, so clear. I can see the Milky Way. I think that's the Milky Way. And both Dippers, which is about it for my constellation knowledge."

"Don't look at me. I just see a bunch of stars, and a white, waning moon."


Angels Fall