Feb 27, 2016

How to Ask Someone Out on a Date


“Wait.”
As she stopped and turned, Carter laid a hand on her arm. “Would not misinterpreting include it being okay for me to call you?”
“You could call me. Or you could meet me for a drink after school.”
“Do you know where Coffee Talk is?”
“Vaguely. I can find it.”
“Four thirty?”
“I can make five o'clock.”
“Five. Great. I'll . . . see you there.”


Vision in White



_________________




 
Por April Killingsworth de Los Angeles, United States (Flickr)
[CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], undefined

 

 

Whether it's in person or online, simpler is better when it comes to asking someone out. "Tell them that you enjoy their company and would like to see more of them," Petra Boynton, a sex and relationships columnist for the Telegraphwrote in her advice column.



_________________


“I’d like to take you out tonight. Dinner, a movie, a drive. Your choice. A date,” he continued when she only studied him with eyes that grew more speculative. “I realize I’ve neglected that particular ritual with you.”

“A date?” She rolled the idea around. “Such as you pick me up, we go somewhere and do some
planned activity, then you bring me home and walk me to the door?”

“That’s more or less what I had in mind.”

“Well, it would be different.” She cocked her head, considering. “I have to be up at five, so we’ll need to make it an early evening. I wouldn’t mind seeing a movie, say a seven o’clock show. Maybe a pizza after.”

Now it was his turn to consider. It wasn’t the sort of evening he’d expected her to choose. Maybe it was about time they learned about each other. “An early movie and a pizza. I’ll pick you up around six.”

He tipped up her chin, kissed her almost absently.

“Hey, Slater,” she called after him. “Do I get to pick the movie?”

He kept walking but glanced over his shoulder. “No subtitles.”

“On a first date?” She laughed at him.


True Beatrayals