Oct 10, 2024

Happy Birthday Nora πŸŽ‚



 

"Every year on my birthday I give myself a gift. It's very simple, really.

One day to do whatever I choose. 

Whatever feels right to me."


Entranced



______________________



unbekannt, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons



How do you feel about celebrating your birthday?


As my birthday rolls around this year, I’ve been thinking about how people feel about their birthday arriving and whether they treat it like a celebration or not.

 

I have friends who feel it’s nothing special and prefer to ignore it, others who acknowledge it but don’t like being made a fuss of, and then others who love an excuse to take the day off work and enjoy being spoilt.


Start With You


______________________



“We’ll have to save room for it and the ice cream,” John said. “After the birthday dinner. We were going to get pizza, but you started those meatballs, so we adjusted.”

Everything went bright, as if the sun burst through the pounding rain. “You’re going to stay.”

“I repeat, it’s your birthday. No way I’m missing out on ice cream and cake. We’ll wait for the others for eats, but I think you should open your gifts now.”

“Really? It’s all right?”

“Obviously, the genius doesn’t comprehend the power of birthday. Here.”


The Witness