Sep 5, 2019

Brad Pitt ‘Removed’ His ‘Drinking Privileges’



"It's easy to delude yourself that you're entitled, that you're just fine when you're in a haze most of the time. Easy to ignore the fact that you're letting your wife and child down in a dozen ways, every single day. Forgetting dinner parties or birthdays, slipping out of bed-where you are useless to her in any case- to have just one more drink, dozing off when you're supposed to be watching your own baby. Just not being there, not completely there. Ever."
"It's a hard thing to go through, I imagine. For everyone involved."
"Harder for the ones you shipwreck with you, believe me. I wouldn't go to counseling with her, refused to attend meetings, to talk to anyone about what she saw as my problem. Even when she told me she was leaving me, when she packed her things, and Josh's
things, and walked out. I barely noticed they were gone."



Black Rose




______________________





By SpreePiX from Budapest, HU - IMG_8724_1 Brad Pitt, CC BY 2.0, 
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=10776545




Brad Pitt is known to be one of the most dedicated actors in Hollywood — 
and he used that quality to get sober following his split from ex-wife Angelina Jolie.

The Once Upon a Time in Hollywood star detailed his journey in a new profile 
The New York Times published on Wednesday, September 4.






______________________






"That was tremendously brave of her."
"Yes, it was." His gaze sharpened on Roz's face. 
"Yes, it was, and I suppose a woman like you would understand just how brave it
was. It took me another full year to hit the bottom, to look around at my life and see nothing. 
To realize I'd lost what was most precious,
and that it was too late to ever get it back. I went to meetings."
"That takes courage, too."
"My first meeting?" He took another bite of his sandwich. "Scared to death. 
I sat in the back of the room, in the basement of this tiny
church, and shook like a child."
"A lot of courage."



Black Rose