May 23, 2019

bookmaker’s sandwich




"Magee's man Finkle's here." Darcy hissed it as she
scurried into the kitchen.
Shawn glanced up from the trio of bookmaker's
sandwiches he was making. "Is he now?" 





Tears of The Moon




________________________


Look whOt I found ๐Ÿ˜‰







When I first heard the name of this sandwich I was caught up in this beautiful romance trilogy set in Ireland. The author, Nora Roberts, had mesmerized me with the green, earthy setting of the place. One of the main characters owned and operated a charming pub and “built” bookmaker’s sandwiches for his customers, often accompanied by a tall, frothy pint of Guinness stout.




_________________________




Maggie drummed her fingers on a table in O'Malley's, tapped her foot, 
blew out a long breath. 
"Tim, will you give me a bookmaker's sandwich to go with this pint? 
I can't wait for Murphy all bloody after noon
on an empty stomach."





Born in Fire