Jul 16, 2018

Our brains need silence to make sense of things





“I upset her,” Reed began as Simone walked away.
“No.” Mi laid a hand on his arm, watched her friend. “No, you really didn’t. Upset, she’d have been frigid or molten. She’s thinking, and she’s looking at something she’s refused to look at for a long time.”
Mi turned back to him, positively beamed. “I don’t know what you said or did, but I’m even happier to meet you.” 


Shelter in Place






____________________






By Museumderstille - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, 
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=45667210






The mind works hard in the moments between the noise.











____________________






“I upset you the night of the party. Your friend said I didn’t, but—”
“Mi’s right, as usual. You didn’t. I was thinking about something, and you made me think harder. I was abrupt, but that’s because I was inside my own head.”
“The SBZ?”
Her lips curved as she shrugged. “Maybe just inside the border.”



Shelter in Place