May 17, 2018

Is Love at First Sight Real?







“You don’t believe in love at first sight, do you?”
“Sure I do. It’s all chemicals and stuff. There was this whole program on it on PBS. I think it was PBS. Maybe it was The Learning Channel. Anyway.” She waved that part aside. “They’ve done all these studies on attraction and sex and relationships. Mostly, it boils down to chemicals, instincts, pheromones, then building on that. Besides, you know Vince and I met when I was in first grade. I went right home from school and told my mom that I was going to marry Vince Burger. Took us a while to get there. State law’s pretty firm about six-year-olds getting hitched. But it sure was the right mix of chemicals from day one.” 



Remember When





_________________






By Garry Knight from Bromley, Kent, England (In Love) [CC BY-SA 2.0 
(https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons





A compelling idea, but is there scientific evidence to support it?



Love at first sight: Is it possible? Do people really meet and in moments simply know they're meant to be? New evidence suggests that yes, they do.