Mar 26, 2018

Sometimes, a cat just walks into your life and asks to be saved







She started to crouch, then stopped, angling her head.
“You have a cat with three legs.”
“Triad. He was hit by a car.”
“Oh, poor baby!” Instantly, she was down on the floor,
stroking and scratching the delighted cat.
“It had to be awful for both of you. Thank God you were home.”
“No, actually I was driving home from school. They—the car in front of me hit him, and just kept going. I don’t understand how anybody could do that.
When I pulled over, I thought he’d be dead, but he was lying there, in shock, I guess. The vet couldn’t save the leg, but he does okay.”
Mac continued to stroke the cat down his length as she stared at Carter. “I bet he does.”


Vision in White 



________________






By No machine-readable author provided. Maxo assumed (based on copyright claims). - 
No machine-readable source provided. 
Own work assumed (based on copyright claims)., CC BY-SA 3.0, 
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=296512






Bonds between humans and animals often begin with a need and a desire to help. 










________________





“So the three-legged cat could be a metaphor for his wounded soul, 
and his determination to live with the scars.”
“That’s good. You’d get an A.”


Vision in White