Feb 18, 2018

Power Naps






She chose the corner of the sofa and thought she might rest her eyes until she heard Sam coming back. 
Johanna stifled a yawn, shut her eyes and was asleep in seconds.
She awoke the same way, instantly. 
Somehow she'd snuggled down and had pulled an afghan up to her chin. 
Sitting up, Johanna dragged her hands through her hair just before she spotted Sam sitting across from her drinking coffee.
"I'm sorry." She cleared the huskiness out of her voice. "I must have dozed off."
She'd slept like a rock for half an hour. He'd tucked her up himself.



The Name of the Game 




______________________






By Stougard (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or 
CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons






How Long Should Naps Be? 

Science Says 30 Minutes Is The Sweet Spot








______________________





She started to stretch, then her gaze landed on the bedside clock.
“What! Is that clock right?”
 “I don’t know. Who cares?”
“But . . . Did I fall asleep? For an hour ? That’s like a nap.”
“Fee, that is a nap.”
“But I never take naps.”
“Welcome to my world.”


The Search