May 11, 2016

How to Get Your Groom Excited About Wedding Planning




“But speaking of Emma and me, you'll do the best man thing, right?”
“Sure. Wouldn't have it any other way.”
“Good. That's about the only thing I have to do. Mostly, I just have to smile and say that's great when she tells me what they've come up with for the wedding. Parker told me my deal's the honeymoon, then gave me the contact for a travel agent she says is the best—and an entire packet on Bora Bora because she says it's somewhere Emma's always wanted to go, plus it's exotic and romantic. So I guess that's where we're going.”
Intrigued, Del studied Jack over his sparkling water. “Do you want to go to Bora Bora?”
“You know, I do. As soon as I looked at the packet, I thought, hey, this is it. Your sister's a little scary, Del.”
“She can be.”
“Carter got a packet on Tuscany, which included those "Learn Italian" discs for both of them.”
He had to laugh. “I guess that's taken care of.”


Savor the Moment


_________________




By Mreasystart - http://www.bestmantoastsspeeches.com, CC BY-SA 3.0, 
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=13883950



I have yet to walk down the aisle myself but when that time comes I want my Groom to be as excited about the wedding planning process as I am. Admittedly,  I hope he has a “Yes, dear” attitude towards certain details (peonies are a non-negotiable), but I plan on getting him involved and on board using these 14 brilliant tricks from SMP’s just-married editors.







_________________



“Yes, you do, but I'm—” 
“Trust me. It's going to be perfect and beautiful and the happiest day of your life.” 
“I'm being a pain in the ass.” 
“No, honey, you're being a bride. Now go take a nice, warm bath. You've got an hour.” 
“Carter isn't nervous.” Mac narrowed her eyes in a scowl. “I could hate him for that.” 
“Mackensie.” Parker turned from the computer. “I was in the kitchen this morning when Mrs. G made him sit down and eat some breakfast. He put maple syrup in his coffee.” 
“He did?” She threw up her arms in a cheer.“He is nervous. I feel better. I want him to be nervous, too, and I want his ears to blush the way they do, and I want . . . Since I'm the bride it can be all about what I want, right?” 
“Absolutely.” 


Happy Ever After