Apr 17, 2016

Catch & Release

He drove out of the Fist. He wanted the flats, the bloom of them. 
The quiet and the space. He figured itwas a major shift in place that he didn't want all that alone. 
He wanted her with him. He was surprised by his own sentiment when he stopped where they'd had their first kiss. 
She stared out the window, saying nothing. 
Still silent, she reached out, touched her hand to his beforeclimbing out. 
She stood where the world was a carpet of color guarded by the silver and blue peaks or the Tetons,gilded by the sun that sat low in the west. 
Pinks and blues, vibrant reds and purples, sunny yellows spiked and spread among the soft green ofsage. 
And where the flats blurred into marsh was a dreamy green ribbon of cottonwood and willow.


Angels Fall



____________________



Let it wash over me
I'm ready to lose my feet
Take me off to the place where one reveals life's mystery
Steady on down the line
Lose every sense of time
Day to day I'm blind to see
Take it all in and wake up that small part of me
And find how far to go




Matt Simons 
Catch & Release