Feb 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's



 Cal sent a dozen Pink Roses to his Mother.
She liked the traditional flower for Valentine’s Day, and he knew his father always went for the red. 

If he hadn’t known, Amy Yost in the flower shop would have reminded him, as she did every blessed year.



 “Your dad ordered a dozen red last week, for delivery today, potted geranium to his grandma,and he sent the Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Special to your sisters.”



 “That suck-up,” Cal said, knowing it would make Amy gasp and giggle. “How about a dozen yellow for my gran. In a vase, Amy. I don’t want her to have to fool with them.”



 “Aw, that’s sweet. I’ve got Essie’s address on file, you just fill out the card.”



 He picked one out of the slot, gave it a minute’s thought before writing:Hearts are red, these roses are yellow. Happy Valentine’s Day from your best fellow.



 Corny, sure, he decided, but Gran would love it.


Blood Brothers



___________________


Romance That Doesn't Break the Bank: How to Save on Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and Cupid has his bow pointed right at you— or rather, right at your wallet.
According to a recent study by the National Retail Federation, 54.8 percent of consumers are expected to celebrate the lovers' holiday, and spend a total of $19.7 billion.
Here are some tips on getting the biggest bang for your V-day buck. 

NBC

___________________




“You sent me flowers on Valentine’s Day.”



 “I hear my mother calling,” Layla announced. “Coming, Mom!” She made a fast exit.



 “You sent me tulips that look like blooming candy canes on Valentine’s Day.”



 “They looked like fun.”



 “That’s what you wrote on the card. ‘These look like fun.’ Wow.” She scooped a hand through her hair. “I have to say that I’m a sensible woman, who knows very well Valentine’s Day is a commercially generated holiday designed to sell greeting cards, flowers, and candy.”



 “Yeah, well.” He slid his hands into his pockets. “Works.”



 “And I’m not the type of woman who goes all mushy and gooey over flowers, or sees them as an apology for an argument, a prelude to sex, or any of the other oft-perceived uses.”



 “I just saw them, thought you’d get a kick out of them. Period. I’ve got to get to work.”



 “But,” she continued and moved toward him, “strangely, I find none of that applies in the least in this particular case. They are fun.” She rose up on her toes, kissed his cheek. “And they’re beautiful.” Then his other cheek. “And thoughtful.” Now his lips. “Thank you.”



 “You’re welcome.”

Blood Brothers