Jan 15, 2019

It's not all hearts and flowers





"I didn't forget you either."
"Didn't you?"
"Nope." He opened a drawer. "I didn't leave it out because I wasn't sure 
what the maid might make of it."
Lana stared as he pulled out a can of Boston baked beans. 
When he dropped it into her hand, grinned at her, her heart not only tripped, 
it fell with a splat.
"That just tears it. I'm done in by a can of beans." 
She pressed it against her heart and began to weep.
"Oh Jesus, Lana, don't cry. It was a joke."


Birthright 





_____________




Gaelle Marcel gaellemm [CC0], via Wikimedia Commons






Women reveal the seemingly unromantic gestures that REALLY say 'I love you' - from cleaning up sick to practical presents





_____________





"Then we will go down and face the chicken together."
"Really? You'd do that?"
"I'll also face the crab dip and the pasta salad with you. Such is the depth of my love, even at six o'clock in the morning."
Spock rose, yawned, stretched. 
"And apparently his. If we poison people, Cilla, we'll do it together."
"I feel better. I know when I'm being a maniac."
She walked to him, leaned down and kissed his sleepy mouth. 
"And I know when I'm lucky to have someone who'll stick with me through it, right down to the crab dip."


Tribute