Jan 2, 2018

Compliment Your Mom










Jackie grinned and blew her hair out of her eyes. "I love you, Mother."

Instantly, and in the way Jackie had always adored, 
Patricia's eyes softened. "I love you too, darling." 





Loving Jack





__________________





By I, Alvesgaspar, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2502964




20 Simple Ways to Compliment Your Mom





__________________




 “My family is important to me. Three Willows is important to me. And so are you.”
 “Well.” Naomi reached for the glass herself, and her hand was unsteady. “Thank you.”
 Kelsey resisted, barely, the urge to kick a pot of geraniums. “It’s hardly a matter for gratitude. You’re my mother. I care about you. I admire what you’ve been able to do with your life. Maybe I’m not satisfied about all the years between, but I like who you are. I’m certainly not going to go scrambling back and pretend you don’t exist because Milicent would prefer it.”
 To keep herself from buckling into a chair, Naomi braced a hand on the table. “You can’t imagine, can’t possibly imagine what it’s like to hear from a grown daughter that she likes who you are. I love you so much, Kelsey.”





True Betrayals