Jun 3, 2016

The Perks of Ageing




English rose, she thought and let out a half laugh. 
Once, long ago, she might have appeared that fragile and dewy. 
She turned and studied one of her healthy stock plants. 
She was much more like that now, sturdy and strong.
And that, she thought as she got back to work, was just fine with her.


Black Rose


_______________




By Athena1199 (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons




Like traffic and taxes, aging is inevitable. 
But why cringe every time another birthday comes around? Wine gets better with age, and so do we. 
Read on for some compelling reasons why you should actually be excited about the years to come.





_______________




"She didn't want you coming out with me tonight."
"Apparently not, but that's too bad. Here I am."
He looked at her again. "Why?"
"I said I would, and I do what I say I will. Then you can add that she made me mad, 
and I don't back down, either. And lastly, I wanted to explore whether 
or not I'm going to like your company on a purely social level."
"You shoot very straight."
"I do. It irritates some people."
"I'm not one of them. Sorry about the sweater."
"So am I."
"We could speculate-"
"We could," Roz interrupted. "But I'd just as soon not, right now. 
She didn't stop the evening, so I don't see why she should drive it, either."


Black Rose