Oct 24, 2014

Say Something



A Magical Music for one of my favorite moments 
in my favorite NORA ROBERTS' Book: 

The Witness


-------------------------

 “Abigail, if I’m responsible for making you this unhappy, you’ve got my word I’ll leave you be. But I wish to God you’d let me help you.”
“You can’t help me.”
“How do you know?”
She turned her face toward his. “Why do you care?”
“I’d say you haven’t had enough social interaction or interpersonal relationships if you don’t understand why anyone would.”
“You’re making fun of me again.”
“Not this time.” He didn’t touch her, but his voice was a gentle stroke over raw nerves. “I’ve got feelings for you. I haven’t sorted them all out yet, but I like having them.”
She shook her head. “It’s just a chemical reaction.”
“So you’ve said. I took chemistry in high school. Sucked at it. Am I making you this unhappy?”
She wanted to say yes, because she believed he’d go and stay away. But she couldn’t lie when he looked in her eyes. “No. It makes me happy when I see you. I don’t want to be happy because of you.”
“So being happy makes you unhappy.”
“I know that doesn’t sound rational, but it’s accurate. I’m sorry I behaved that way.”
“Don’t apologize.”

The Witness

___________________





Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

SAY SOMETHING, I'M GIVING UP ON YOU