Jun 12, 2012

what would Jane Austen do?


"A woman doesn't want to be told she looks nice," Jude muttered as she sat down beside Maude's grave. "She wants to be told she's beautiful, sexy. That she looks outrageous. It doesn't matter if it's not true." 
She sighed and laid the flowers against the headstone.
"Because for the moment, when the words are said and the words are heard, it's perfect truth."

Jewels of the Sun



_____________

JaneAustenCassandraWatercolour


I suddenly realise I don't care. I can't manage to make myself into an Austen heroine, because in the modern world, you need more than good principles to guide your own conduct, and it's not sufficient in your colleagues, friends and lovers, either. You also need a bit of silliness, too. I slink home, put on my fluffy slippers and, embracing my shallow side, watch an entire Sex and the City box set. They really do have great hair.





_______________________________


“I‟ve never been the one. Not for anybody.”
He closed the distance between them. “You‟ll get used to it.” 
He tipped her face up to his, kissed her.
“Why? Why am I the one?”
“Because my life opened up, and it flooded with color when you walked back into it.”
She wrapped her arms tight around him, pressed her face to his shoulder as emotion swamped her. 


Vision in White